Digital marketing is a tool for any local business whether it is in Hong Kong or other places in the world. When it is planned and executed right, digital marketing (or internet marketing) would be the most effective method to get people to visit your company website, bring in leads, or drive product sales.
There is no one single internet marketing strategy that would work for all types of business. When your business is located in Hong Kong, it may offer a product only suitable for HK, or it may target the entire Asia Pacific when driving sales. Budgets and resources assigned to a small business in a particular industry may be very different to the budgets and resources that are required for another local business in a different category. The best digital marketing strategy for a particular company is the one that works better for that one company. But when it applies to another business, it will not necessarily do well.
When it comes to setting up strategies and marketing materials for different channels or social media platforms, one set of strategy or materials may have worked well for a platform (such as Facebook), but may not work well at all for Instagram or Pinterest. Also, the publishing tools that would you use are going to be different.
The real work starts with planning for your local HK marketing. When you are making a plan, it must be aligned to your goals. You will need both short term goals, and long term goals. Below are some of the short term goal examples when you are to mainly content marketing in your overall marketing plan.
- Your content team is to create 10 pieces of short content with text and images per week.
- Your content team is to create 2 pieces of long content per month. One is a blog article, and the other is a video. In context, the blog article must complement the video.
- Your social media team is to publish and repurpose the short content once every day on all social media sites that are included in your plan.
- Your social media team is to release the long content once every month.
Do keep the following in mind when creating and publishing any of the content to target your Hong Kong audience (or audience in other places).
- When creating content, think of what you will put out there to keep a conversation with your potential customers.
- When you look into your target market, ask yourself who the messages are for, and through which platforms you will communicate with your target audience.