When you plan to transport a vehicle, it is never going to be an easy task whether it is a heavy weight vehicle or a low budget motorcycle. The cost adds up fast, if you are riding your motorcycle on your own and arranging a trailer and all the equipment on our own can be quite a hassle apart from going above our budget.
When the vehicle needs to travel long distances across the country, it needs to fulfill some legal requirements as well. It is in our best interest that we choose shipping companies for this purpose as they have the expertise in ensuring that all the steps for a successful transport and delivery of automobiles are followed diligently.
While choosing an auto shipping company, ensuring an enclosed motorcycle shipping carrier is extremely important to protect our bike from damages. Ship a Car, Inc. is a top-most company that has many enclosed and open trailers to transport all form of vehicles safely. Their customer service staff fulfills all legal formalities and keeps you in loop during the transit.
Benefits of enclosed trailers over open ones
Although an enclosed carrier is more expensive when compared to the open one, we should still prefer it over the latter because:
- It protects our bikes from debris, dust and wind particles that can hamper the shine and finish of our vehicles.
- Minor scratches can also occur due to the unavoidable elements on the road such as small stones that can be kicked by other moving vehicles.
- We cannot predict natural occurrences, an open vehicle exposes our motorcycles to unexpected damage caused by rain, snow, and high wind flow as well.
- A vehicle is exposed in an open carrier and can be seen by every passerby. This increases the chances of theft.
- If your motorcycle is a luxurious piece such as a BMW series, you need to be extra careful about its transportation as its safety is at stake if you choose an open carrier.
- If they incur any damage during transit, it can get very expensive and sometimes some of their parts are irreplaceable. You want to protect it all costs.
- You also save on cleaning costs once your vehicle is delivered to you via an enclosed trailer because it is not exposing the bike to any form of external elements.
While enclosed trailers are somewhat expensive, they do provide us with peace of mind and ensures that we receive our bikes in the same condition as it was during pick up. No one knows what is inside the enclosed trailer and it reduces the chances of our motorcycles getting stolen along the way to a minimum.
Thus, enclosed carriers are the best mode to transport our precious vehicles during long journeys and cross country travels.
We must also ensure that we choose motorcycle shippers specifically as their lift gates, ramps, and tie-downs, and straps adequately designed for motorcycles to avoid any damage during the entire process. Car straps can be too tight and can compress the suspension of our bikes. Motorcycle tie-downs also prevent it to skid during the transit.
Even if you are paying an extra amount, you must not bargain with safety when it comes to transporting your motorcycles.